Saturday, September 3, 2011

Saturday is for comedy

Let me start this off by saying that I love my parents and I know they love me.  However we do not see eye to eye on my running.  They would prefer I ran fewer miles and in the runner community I do run fewer miles.  So after being diagnosed with NS Hodgkin's they have renewed there campaign to get me to cut back so, today the day after my first treatment and even though I was still rather wiped out this morning I got up dressed in my running shorts and shirt and came downstairs in search of my mother to let her know I was going to run something short like 8 miles.  At first I could see she was trying to accept this and she struggled for almost a minute before she said I shouldn't go run.  It actually made my morning as my wife and I laughed and told my mother that I was pulling her leg.  I walked back up stairs had some breakfast and went back to bed.  The day has gone well.  I feel slightly nauseous but I haven't been sick.  I went to the Science Center with my kids and out for some ice cream afterwards.  It was a good day.  The lump on my neck has really gone down which is nice.  I like that.  And tomorrow, depending on how I feel when I wake up I may just go out for a run and test the waters some.  Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment