Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The week compressed

I feel bad for not posting for so long but this past week although it was short due to the labor day holiday was so very long.  I feel like I experienced a few weeks compressed into one but having come out on the other side I can report that starting on Monday I was feeling almost normal again.  I will skip the details of last week for this post and just say that I felt like I had the flu for the week.  On Saturday however my sister and her family came to Greensboro for the Thin Mint Sprint, possibly my favorite race in the Greensboro area, and we had a great time.  We ran the fun run 1 mile race with the kids and Jen and I raced the 5k while my sister watched the kids for us.  It was great.  It was the slowest time I have ever raced a 5k but it was a beautiful morning and it was great to be running/jogging after a week of just being exhausted.  After the race we went to see my sons first soccer game, ages 3-4, and had a blast watching the kids out there.  They were going everywhere with the ball and loving it.  The coaches and the referee got a great workout.  Jen and I had a ball watching the kids and Eli was a happy kid when we left.  The rest of the day was filled with the kids playing and me slowly feeling worse until I went to sleep.
However it was the last day of my feeling low as I started to feel better on Sunday and ended here with me today going out to the track to run/jog at my own pace with the group.  It is nice to feel normal again.  It may only be until Friday but it is nice to know that there is a part of the cycle where I will feel good and have a chance to recharge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment