Friday, September 2, 2011

Thursday was Tempo run... Friday is chemo #1

I had a nice day with my parents yesterday at Duke getting a round of tests done. PET scan, pulmonary test and Cardio test. There were all painless and the nurses and techs were great. Made it home in time to join the running group on their Tempo run. All the people my pace were out so I ran with someone a little too fast for me and suffered the remaining miles of the run but finished it up. I have accepted that not all runs are great and some will make you suffer and some will be fabulous but it was great to be out there. My parents watched the kids for Jen and I and we went out for dinner and had a great time.
At the moment we are on our way to Duke Med for ABVD number 1. Feeling good. Drinking plenty of water on the way over as everyone has suggested and had some pancakes for breakfast hope that was a good choice. I have some movies loaded on the iPad ready to watch with Jen thanks to my wonderful sisters. Thank you both. I have my anti-nausea meds filled and ready to go thanks to Jen. So here we go.
I wonder if I will do my long run with the group tomorrow. :). Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment